Morning Routine


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, September 24, 2009

The chupón update

Well, it's been a while since the pacifier, aka chupón has been taken away from our baby (our 16 month old baby). That first night was terrible. But the second night was better - she only cried a little while. I can't remember exactly how long since I've blocked it from my memory. But I do think I had to get up in the middle of the night to calm her.
The third night was better and by the fourth night, she was free and clear.

Tonight, now a typical night, I laid her down after our 4-B bedtime routine (bath, brush teeth, read book, bed) and she cried for maybe 4 minutes. Now she's in there cooing to herself. Eventually she'll go to sleep without me hearing another peep from her. And she usually doesn't wake anybody up in the middle of the night.

Why does it seem as soon as you get something completed, I have to start all over again? The new baby should arrive in about 10 weeks...then we start all over again. But it's worth it.

No comments: