Morning Routine


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

My very first Weight Watchers Meeting

Yesterday my husband, Raquel and I went to Weight Watchers. Pascual went because he didn't want me to have to drive across town to pick him up so we could go to dinner on our date night. No, he didn't like it. He's starting tomorrow...online.

It was interesting. The weigh in was kind of cool; I haven't gained any weight since my last doctor's visit a couple of weeks ago. The woman who led the meeting reminded me of a teacher-friend I had from BHS.

Now that I'm writing down everything that goes in my mouth, I think my first hurttle will be tonight - Shafter's Independence Day party. Did I set myself up for heartache or what?!? My first day! I'm going to buy a giant veggie tray and make a few dishes that are low in points. I hope I do well!

And date night was good. We ate at Red Lobster then went to Costco. Yes, Raquel, we bought that Weight Watcher scale that was mentioned at the meeting. We've NEVER owned a scale before. And we need one if Pascual's going to do WW online. Anyways, does anyone have any suggestions as to what else we can do in this town for date night that isn't eating and doesn't cost too much? It seems like all we do is eat.

This morning I was doing my devotion. On the page in my journal it had the following verse printed out on it:
1 Timothy 4:8 "Training your body helps you in some ways, but serving God helps you in every way by bringing you blessings in this life and in the future life, too." Coincidence? I think not!

1 comment:

Raquel said...

John would not have liked it either :( she was kind of ummm... perky I gusess is a good word. you will do great tonight, I know it, just eat lots of good stuff, then you can enjoy a little rewards.