Morning Routine


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, March 22, 2010

Fly Lady - take two...or is it 'take 3'...I'm losing count...

Oh an Irisher washwoman hasn't an equal
She rubs a bit, scrubs a bit than other people
She jigs a bit, sings a bit all the day long
And her heart's like a shamrock; it sings a gay song.


I live in clutter.

I HATE clutter.

Therefore, I am not a happy, peaceful mommy...and my poor hubby knows this all too well.

I just can't seem to stay on top of it, and the laundry, and the cleaning. I'm seriously spinning out of control. AHHHHHHHHH!

Remember back when I was doing the fly lady here? I got all the way to day 15 (almost halfway through the month). Then I got pregnant and there went all my energy. And the clutter crept back in.

I need routine. Without it I'm lost. So back to the fly lady and routine.

Although I'm not going to start out with all those days again. Here's my plan:

Every morning I'll get up and get dressed (not to the shoes..I know I'm breaking that cardinal rule but I know myself. I'll be ok.) then I'll work on the morning routine I set up last March. I still have the sticky notes on my kitchen wall to remind me what to do (see, I told you I've got clutter everywhere...stuff that hasn't been touched in over a year! I've got something wrong with me.)

It may take me all day to finish the routine since I'll only have tidbits of time here and there to get it done, but I can't live like this anymore.

I actually took pics of all my clutter: kitchen table, sink and counters (uh ya pretty much every counter in my kitchen), dining room table, kids toy area aka dining room, on top of the tv, next to the rocking chair, the couch, the phone area, the area in front of one of the bookshelves, an entirely separate bookshelf, the trash area in the den (can you even imagine a trash AREA?!?) ...but for some reason my computer isn't recognizing my camera so I can't show you the pics. Let's just say it's wayyyyyyy worse than any of your 'worst before pics'. It's positively shameful! I think I'm 2 degrees away from being a hoarder.

So although I do not enjoy cleaning, I think I'm at a point in my life where I'd rather feel like an Irisher Washwoman than how I feel today.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I think we are all in the same boat. It's so hard to clean and declutter when I want to just spend time with the famiy! I think it's the season that gets that HAVE TO CLEAN feeling into us. Hunter's room was so horrible...I made myself take pictures of it and actually cleaned and orgainzed it this weekend. At least there is one room I am proud of...lol! Good luck girl! :)