Morning Routine


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, March 21, 2009

A break from the fly lady's routine...it's cake time!!!

Is it me or when it's the hubby's days off, it's the wife's days off too? Who wants to clean house when it's just going to get messy with fun life. Fooey on that. So, sorry fly lady, but I've been taking a break to kick it for a couple of days. But don't you worry, I'm coming back! I'll resume with day 4...or whatever day I'm on.

I went to our MOPS spring social silent auction and won a $100 certificate to a new cake place in town. They are so new that they actually don't have a store front yet; they're working out of their kitchen. We thought it'd be a good idea to get Jeremiah a cool looking pirate themed cake for his birthday this year. Today was our sampling appointment. And they were so smart about it: they baked up the 9 different cake flavors we chose, then in separate dishes had different flavored fillings and different flavored icings.

Oh mercy, were most of those samples delish! Some I didn't care for: the brownie and anything with the chocolate filling. But then again, I'm not a big chocolate fan. Freakish- I know.

But my favorites were: lemon cake with lemon filling (reminded me of a lemon merangue pie...oh lordy) and vanilla frosting, cherry chip cake with cherry filling and almond frosting (that cherry/almond combo was fantastic!!!), pineapple coconut cake with pineapple filling and vanilla frosting (I think it was vanilla anyways..can't remember we tried so many), and finally pineapple coconut cake with bavarian cream filling and vanilla frosting (gosh, was it vanilla?). The pineapple coconut cake was so moist and the pineapple filling had such texture (the cake did too!). Oh man, T-A-S-T-Y!!!

When we left we were sooo full.

On our way home we discussed how hospitable they were and how we feel like they went out of their way for a couple who really isn't bringing them much money since they donated the gift certificate to MOPS.

So I think we're going to break the family tradition of using only using Rosie's for family get togethers and we're going to use Keep Sake Kakes for both of our kids' birthday cakes...yep, it was that good. Plus they can make a cake in the shape of a pirate treasure chest for Jeremiah


and a piƱata for Beka. How cute will these be!!!

No comments: