Morning Routine


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, March 23, 2009

Day Four - check

Ok, back to work...for the hubby and me!

I had to miss MOPS today because of my child's runny nose and cough...little stinker! I've gotta remind myself that she's not having cold-symptoms on purpose. :)

So day four was to put sticky notes around, writing what I do so far (which isn't much):
1. Get dressed for the day - as in be ready to leave the house.
2. Shine my sink - for me that's just cleaning up breakfast dishes and any dishes that didn't make it into the dishwasher (because it was full already) last night. And clean any green bags that I've let accumulate on my counter.
3. Check the reminder emails (love this one!).

So 3 sticky notes are attached to my bathroom mirror. I'll add 3 more, saying the same things, to my kitchen in just a moment.
That'll do.

Ok, so let's prep for day 5:

"Are you hearing any of those nagging negative voices popping into your head? I want you to take a piece of paper and write down what you hear then I want you to turn those ugly words around and say something nice to yourself to negate the ugly words that they said." (note: quote taken from here)
Ok, I'll just be honest. My first reaction to day 5's advice is, "Oh puhleeze!"
But upon further thought, I'm reminded that I've done this before...from my weight watcher meetings. Yep, those negative thoughts are called 'ANTs' - automatic negative thoughts and they must be sprayed!

So I'll just write down any negative thoughts, whether it comes from cleaning or eating or the fat on my body. It is a good idea...even if it sounds like hokey.

No comments: